PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Qualifying flights...
View Single Post
Old 28th Jul 2008, 18:24
G-BPED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr Quite Happy
Earlier this year I flew CX F LHR-HKG-LHR and picked up 360 tier points for my blue BA Miles account. Realising that I was with 4 qualifying flights and 40 tier points of making it from BA Blue to BA Silver I thought I'd go earn some more by flying AMS-LCY-AMS. This netted me another 80 tier points (so 400 target reached and surpassed) but to my surprise, my account online still says I need 4 qualifying flights.

I checked on the "what qualifies as qualifying flights" thingy and my club return to London from Amsterdam would appear to do so nicely.

So I am confused why I still need 4 qualifying flights...

Could it be because of the LCY flights were operated by "BA CityFlyer"???

But why would they qualify my tier points but not "qualifying flights"?

Or should I hassle BA customer services?

Sorry if this has been done to death but I did check the last 5 pages of threads..

Good Evening Mr Q. H.

Fear not, the website will always say you need 4 qualifying flights even if you have taken them.

I have already passed the 1,500 mark to retain gold and I still have that message when I log in to my account.

It happens each year when I pass the points required marker.

I dont think their (BA) systems can update that section of the web page.

Only your points and miles are adjusted.

Enjoy your silver card.

Just checked on BA Website and it appears that CityFlyer flights do earn points and miles

Regards,

G-BPED

Last edited by G-BPED; 28th Jul 2008 at 18:31. Reason: Added information from BA Website