PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair pilot recruitment coming to talk to United Airlines pilots?
Old 28th Jul 2008, 15:25
acebaxter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For a job that pays more than 60,000 euros you don't need to prove you've looked for any EU citizens. There is a place on the form for an explanation of how, in the future, you will be able to recruit EU citizens. I would imagine hiring all those low time FO's and training them would cover that criteria.

The IAA will validate the license for a 12 month period. After that, they will validate it for an additional 12 month period. How long they are willing to do this is anyone's guess.

The 14 exams are a pain in the rear, but are doable. I did mine in 3.5 months from picking up the first book to passing the last exam. In the end you do an LPC with some raw data work tossed in. If successful you will be the proud owner of an Irish ATPL.

Two years on an Irish Green Card gives you the right to Long Term Residency in Ireland. Sadly, they are currently proccessing applications from August 2005. In the mean time you can keep getting your Green Card renewed. Citizenship takes 5 years to qualify for. I don't know what the wait time is on that.

Ireland won't recognize your U.S. drivers license. You can go to AAA and get an International Drivers license to accompany your US license. This is good for 12 months.

I've talked to a good number of Direct Entry Captains at Ryanair. All say the same thing. Keep your head down, your mouth shut, come in and do your job and life is good. If you want to change things, life will not be pleasant.

It's definately an eye opening experience leaving the States to live over here. I was more than a bit nervous when I quit my job in the States to come over, but I'd do it again in a heartbeat. All in all it's been a great experience.

That's about all I can think of off hand. Any specific questions PM me.