PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 6
Thread: Ryanair - 6
View Single Post
Old 28th Jul 2008, 13:05
eu01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I doubt MOL would share my opinions!
That is, presumably, a problem too. MOL has his own vision of the business which, very successful until now, might be in need for more radical adjustments (I bet it is). Isn't Ryanair's board too uncompromising to adapt to this new situation? There exists, as said, the necessity to improve e.g. the load factors on some routes and not much room for fare changes. One way to achieve it is by reducing the flights (and that will happen). An other would be to make the services more attractive in order to tempt more customers (and better fill the planes). Hence, isn't it just about time to try something else? For example, why insist on "100% point-to-point only" rule? If you fly to a smallish town, 200.000 dwellers or so, gradually your offer will become unattractive for the people living there if you continue to sell them just London flights and nothing more. Try to select just one airport in the middle of the continent to provide connecting flights. Try it just with several selected flights, just at this one airport. I'm sure this would radically improve the profitability on many "small size" routes. By concentrating some resources on one carefully selected (cheap) airport, you can afford to be more flexible... while you'll have quite a few planes idle this winter, won't you?

But, as I said, MOL is too tenacious in his policies, I'm afraid...