PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Clark Institute of Aviation
View Single Post
Old 28th Jul 2008, 12:58
fernandeztv

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
paolylo...The time allocated for each batch of 8 for core flying (including IF training) is 3 months. My calculation now is that most of the current batch 5 students will be able to finish their VFR sorties in 2 months...weather permitting ofcourse!

Personally for me April was my most productive month when i was able to fly 18 sorties and i just kept a couple of long X country sorties pending so that i get to fly in the months of May and June! So if you have done your solo and weather permitting all you need is just a month and a half to fly sortie 11 to 32 and sortie 44. Its raining almost daily now...but then again here in the RP it is the typhoon season now!

4 a/cs and 5 instructors and 16 students i think you can fly all VFR sorties in 2 months. At any given point of time only 8 students will be flying IFR for that month so 2 a/cs will suffice for that i guess (22 hrs (min) for 16 sorties including night flying. ie 176 hrs for 8 students or 29 days assuming only 1 a/c is available and it flies only 6 hrs a day! SO u see thats why I am optimistic as that the figures look ok compared to what previously was being dished to us like "ah dont worry we will finish you off in 2 months" etc...without any infrastructure!))

The situation with course 3 & 4 in OMNI was that usually the schedule book gets filled by OMNI students at the beginning of every month and we just get the odd hrs like 6AM to 8AM and some Sundays. Hence some of the guys who were not able to fly in April got delayed heavily Esp those who still needed x country sorties and needed atleast 3 to 6 hrs blocks of sked time.

Ground school start dates for each batch (all batches!)can be got by the colour coding on the chart put up in grnd school notice board.

Reg course 6 and 7 ...ok so sortie 10, 11 and 12 cannot be performed, but then you can still proceed with sorties 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19 which are mainly exercises reg PFL. Precautionary ldg, steep turns, x wind ldgs, short field ldgs, gen handling revision (which you log as PICUS coz the instructor is grading you all the time during that sortie)...so easily the student can approach 25 hrs by flying all the dual sorties! (this is just my opinion!!! I dont know what the mgmt has in plan for them! )

Cheers...