PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Open Skies lifestyle
View Single Post
Old 28th Jul 2008, 10:30
oapilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One interesting thought - if the venture failed, the company would be obliged to offer jobs within the group to those in OS. By the backdoor to mainline/Cityflyer...?
That is an interesting one. When BACX was being hived off (another wholly owned subsidiary don't forget), the question was raised with management, (BA & BACX), and most importantly BALPA - "If the Flybe deal is rejected by the workforce and Walsh closes the company down, will we be offered FLYING jobs with mainline, given they were recruiting at the time."

Funny thing , we never got a straight answer from any of the above. Legally, I suspect we would have been given the selection process in an abbreviated form and those that didn't fit the BA profile would have been given the boot and redundancy, but who knows?

And please, can we not use this post as an excuse to open the ancient history file by those on either side of the BA/BACX fence with an axe to grind.

oap

PS At the risk of opening a can of worms, was having a beer recently with a guy who has the chance of going to OpenSkies. His view on the bulk of the contract and how it was going to work wasn't that different to the majority (i.e. not BA) of carriers operating 75/767s on long charter routes. Didn't go into vast detail as aviation was in danger of spoiling a fine night out.