PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ‘the world's five star airline'
View Single Post
Old 28th Jul 2008, 09:19
notanotherhilton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
B.A have excellent SEP standards, I found it quite worrying when certain cabin crew at QR had a poor grasp of English, not very reassuring in an emergency, I remember asking a crew member once(during a bar service) to pass me a beer from her bar, it took her 5minutes for her to understand my question.
Worked there as a Pilot for a few years, not my experience at all. Excellent cabin crew, hard working and communicative. Mostly great colleagues to have.
You really wouldnt have Mr. W. Walsh demoting the Cabin crew over rediculous things or hauling the cabin crew into the office due to a pax complaint i.e there wasnt enough ice cream in First class
BA had no problem suspending a member of cabin crew for eating a muffin that was discarded on a passengers meal tray.

B.A crew are not working illegally and not working when exhausted unlike the QR crew and Flight Crew. My friends at QR are constantly telling me of their intense, demanding rosters. Not exactly good for safety in my opinion.
A very serious allegation to make and probably actionable. Hope you have the evidence to back that up. QR roster to UK CAA CAP 371 limits, I or my cabin crew partner were never rostered or asked to operate illegally at any time during my employment there. Flying is a very tiring experience at most airlines these days

As regards you point on BA's general safety.....Watchdog slams BA’s air safety - Times Online

That doesn't make BA unsafe, they are extremely safe (but human also), just like Qatar Airways