PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Myself(a pilot)and my girlfriend(tv producer) looking to live in middle east.
Old 28th Jul 2008, 09:14
Wilga

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Myself(a pilot)and my girlfriend(tv producer) looking to live in middle east.

Hi all!
I hope your enjoying your time in the middle east.(if you are there!)
I am presently in the process of trying to look for work over there as a pilot. The only problem being that for pilots with relatively low experience, ATPL(frozen) and about 500 hours, It is very tough to find work as the supply of pilots with a similar amount of experience outweighs the demand. Therefore It is very useful to try and build some contacts as with any other industry to improve my chances of being successful with my hunt for work in UAE.
I presently work as a Flight Instructor in the UK for a well established flight school near London. However, my aim is to work for the Airlines or a corporate jet outfit over there in the UAE and my girlfriend and I are hoping to move out there asap as long as we can both find work.I am in my early thirties and my girlfriend is in her late twenties. Luckily she has managed to be quite succesfull in her job hunt so far and has a couple of opportunities looming on the horizon.
If anyone has come across any similar scenarios with expat pilots who are looking for work I'd be very interested in finding out any tips or getting any advice from you. This would be extremely helpful.
Thanks very much for reading and if you can offer any advice or assistance it would be very much appreciated.
Cheers.