PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How do ab-initio graduates afford SSTR programmes e.g. with Ryanair?
Old 28th Jul 2008, 08:29
Callsign Kilo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't go to Oxford or FTE. Save yourself 35K plus and get the same licence and the same skills required to pass a Ryanair assessment. Put aside the 35K that you saved by going modular and give Ryanair 22K for your training. Do what you like with the 13K you have left over - you will need it when you are Line Training! Plus, as contraversial as this may sound, you have the added bonus of not seeing the airline industry through the disillusioned eyes of some of the OAT cadets that I have come across. The ones that 'wouldn't be seen dead in a turboprop' and the others that go home crying to mummy and daddy because the big bad man at BA told them 'no thanks.'

And by the way, before I take the inevitable flack, not all integrated and especially Oxford students behave this way. I know a lot of good guys, but recently I have come across an incredible amount of assh**es which really don't deserve the jobs they are in. Rant over, sorry.