PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ‘the world's five star airline'
View Single Post
Old 28th Jul 2008, 08:28
strength

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Worlds 5 star airline

TRADER:

I agree that the ME airlines are superior to B.A however there are a few things to remember when making a comparison:

B.A have excellent SEP standards, I found it quite worrying when certain cabin crew at QR had a poor grasp of English, not very reassuring in an emergency, I remember asking a crew member once(during a bar service) to pass me a beer from her bar, it took her 5minutes for her to understand my question.

I wouldnt necessarily agree that the food is better, B.A have superb food and snacks available to pax in economy in between services on their long-haul flights.

You really wouldnt have Mr. W. Walsh demoting the Cabin crew over rediculous things or hauling the cabin crew into the office due to a pax complaint i.e there wasnt enough ice cream in First class.

B.A crew are not working illegally and not working when exhausted unlike the QR crew and Flight Crew. My friends at QR are constantly telling me of their intense, demanding rosters. Not exactly good for safety in my opinion.

B.A have set many standards which many,many other airlines have copied, B.A were the first airline to introduce flat beds for example. Even the title The Worlds 5 star airline is a little similar to the Worlds favourite airline from B.A.

You may get superior service in the middle east, I agree but from a safety point of view I know who I'd prefare to fly with any day.