PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas 744 Depressurisation
View Single Post
Old 28th Jul 2008, 03:52
pacplyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Planes49 mumbled:
As an ex -400 driver I have fought my way through a lot of the 504 posts.
Of these, about 30 contain INFORMED comments about the 400. The rest should keep there comments to something they know about, like their own type, if they have one! ( ie- there doesn't appear to be a cargo door there!).
I wouldn't be at all surprised that there will be an accident report that will tell us the facts.
Happy flying.( to those that do!)
Well Planes49, we just had to endure your little grammatically incorrect jewel there. There are at least 100 INFORMED posts on maintenance which this event is turning towards, which as just a driver (which I doubt even that) you wouldn't necessarily be qualified to pass judgement on. Do you have an A&P? Doesn't sound like it.

I think we need to realize where we are. We are in rumors and news. Not Planes49's private ground school. Oxygen tanks don't just ride around on -400 models. And of course there's going to be an accident report. I suggest you log off and wait for it if it's such a struggle to "fight" through posts you don't understand.

I'm reminded of the basics of free speech. I think we need to learn how to selectively read instead of trying to coerce others into putting up what we want to see posted.

Personally, I encounter a nugget like "joint" or "should keep there [sic] comments to themselves" and I just skip to the next post.

Thanks to the usual posters for putting up those fantastic photos and schematics. Makes this a highly entertaining and intriguing thread.

Last edited by pacplyer; 28th Jul 2008 at 05:25. Reason: better verb-age