PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 'Renegade' controllers leave pilots flying blind: air chief
Old 28th Jul 2008, 01:00
SM4 Pirate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Following on from Max1's excellent post.

The Global Market must rule.

Germany is offering the same money with higher cost of living, but people are still considering going, to escape and for better 'conditions'.

Ireland is offering $40K-$50K AUD more, with a slightly higher cost of living, but significantly better working conditions.

The Middle East is taking Aussies in droves. The Money is significantly higher, sometimes double. Living conditions and expenses are obvious but at the end of the day you will make more money there and you get to escape. Watch out for the next big Recruiting campaign to gut Australia's ranks. Dubai World Central (Jebel Ali) will generate 200+ Controller jobs; and more than likely more money too; not just approach and tower jobs in Dubai but the sector jobs in Abu Dhabi, Muscat, Bahrain etc to feed the new beast.

Just when you think things can't get worse, the CEO slaps you down again.

This Renegade has now decided that 20 OT shifts in the last 12 months is more than enough. I'm now seeking employment elsewhere.

I believe that ASA has no concept of fixing the staffing numbers; it's not about recruiting more; it's about reducing the requirement.

They have approached the negotiations without anything to offer, but have put on the table "worse working conditions" that "enhance their flexibility". Otherwise known as reduced conditions of employment. Split shifts are high on their agenda, to reduce the total requirement, it's not employing more staff than this 'planned reduced requirement' needs.

I assume the controllers will not give up these conditions without a significant fight also assuming that the offer to offset the reduced conditions of employment will not be enough, if anything of substance at all.