PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Use of speed brakes in flight
View Single Post
Old 27th Jul 2008, 18:30
Rainboe
Warning Toxic!
Disgusted of Tunbridge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The use of a rolled up newspaper is excellent for 'imprinting' what one is trying to get over. Indeed, being a former inmate of a boarding school, I positively need this to remember. I even asked my simulator instructor to use just this item on my recent conversion course to the 757 as after enormous years of 747 and 737 and other aeroplanes that refer to engines as 1, 2, 3&4 (I'm showing off with the last group there), I now have to fly a bloody aeroplane that refers to them as 'Left' and 'Right' for some weird reason. I was unable to ditch the habit in an emergency, a swear box fine didn't work, so I requested a rolled up newspaper on the back of the head, just as I was given so much in my youth! It took 10 sessions to sink in.
Quite apart from limited ability descent planning upsetting me, I am REALLY upset at some of the appalling CDAs the young chaps come out with, thinking what a jolly good job they are doing. Flying level over central London at 3000' has me positively turning green with muscles rippling out of my shirt. Then the language comes.........