PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Qantas Decompression ?
View Single Post
Old 27th Jul 2008, 13:30
teresa green

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sadly, I think splitpin has just nailed it. Well its a hell of a wakeup call, and we can only thank God or who ever looks after QF, (and somebody or something sure as hell does), it just worries me that some AME or LAME will be made to wear it, when we all know the reason why, has been coming a long time. Perhaps its time that the AIPA and the LAMES union got together as a united front, and faced management with some very strong recommendations and stuff the shareholders, we are dealing in lives here, not jam tins, and if we cannot supply aircraft that are suitable to service the industry in the manner the travelling public pay for and deserve then its time to close the shop. I sincerely hope (if it is proven to be a oxy bottle) that the engineer that is invited for tea and bikkies by management has the full support of his/her union behind them, and the general public is told the truth. In my wildest dreams, in all my years in aviation did I ever expect QF to go downhill like it has, and it is no LAME or AME to blame, the full fault lies with management and the beancounters cost cutting. QF has run on loyalty for many years and for many years it was appreciated, but for the last eight years or so, with the attitude of management of "you play along with us and we will stick the bat up your Ar#e anyway" the loyalty is drying up, and staff have become cynical and downhearted, perhaps this near tragedy had to happen, and perhaps it is the road to recovery, with one hell of a wakeup call, just let us hope the mighty dollar comes second to safety from now on. JC it has to.