PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas 744 Depressurisation
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2008, 22:21
Litebulbs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Speculation alert - please read no further if facts are required -

Looking at the pictures in #358, it seems that the luggage visible is of two colours, greeny/black and red. There is no visibly obvious remains of a ULD, but something that looks like a pallet. I have seen stuff bagged up like this when I was on a flight bringing a rescue party back from Bam, after the earthquake a few years back. The equipment was not pallet loaded, but there was some pretty high tech stuff included. No problem with this but again, you would have thought that oxygen generators should be safe to transport, if all precautions were followed.

Now if it turns out that it was exhibition or expedition kit, all sorts of items could be on the pallet. All individually safe and manifested, but who knows?

Speculation over - In the second picture of #358, on the left hand side of the hole, I believe you can see what looks like an O2 bottle. I have had the privilege to hump these things off and on B74's in the past, so I have been up close and personal with them, so I believe that I am at least qualified to suggest that it could be a bottle.

I await a flame!!