PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Etihad Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2008, 21:39
Aeromar27

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well i guess the ground for his opinion is the fact that cadet programs in that area of the world used to be exclusively for locals. That and many other advantages completed the range of benefits local people enjoy. I saw it myself when i worked for emirates as cabin crew and must admit that initially i thought everything was easier for them.

After some time and many many flights with both expat and local (former cadets) pilots i got to understand that there is seriousness in the process of intaking cadets. Senior pilots who were involved with the selection of both cadets and regular entry pilots would explain me that, selection processes like this one, are not about friendship or contacts, but strictly about aptitude. I even met several locals myself who didn't make it through the selection process for the cadet pilot program, and had to consider joining the company as cabin crew.

The company is spending around 150 grand on each cadet, i don't think they want to make mistakes.

Anyway, i already packed. I'm leaving tmoz morning to FRA. Me is excited, restless!! don't know if ill be able to sleep today.