PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair pilot recruitment coming to talk to United Airlines pilots?
Old 26th Jul 2008, 20:47
IrishJetdriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I imagine Ryanair would have various clauses that would cover them should you leave before a certain time, however that would depend on what training/conversion you would require. I never flew any other 737 but I am told the 800 with winglets(entire Ryanair fleet) is a very different beast to handle. Otherwise, it's just another 737 apparently.

The USD figure quoted is what I take home after tax, but may be very slightly less during the winter. I was a DEC and have been in 1yr. If you are under contract then tax is up to you and I believe the salary is in euros. I am a Ryanair employee based in the UK and am paid in GBP.

In general, with Ryanair, you get a job and a plane fitted with a special button which when pressed causes a member of cabin crew to bring you as much hot water as you like. Not much else. You might have to pay for your conversion. You will certainly have to pay your accomodation and food. If you already have a uniform then wear that otherwise they'll sell you one.

This must be really tough times in UA but if times are that rough then FR are as safe as possible and beats unemployment. I guess UA must help in the severance package ? Also you will have the -800 on your licence which can only be a good thing. I think you would find this as different as you could get to UA. I really enjoyed my last company and thought FR would be a bunch of sh**s to work for.......but so far......they're not.

Check your PM