PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair pilot recruitment coming to talk to United Airlines pilots?
Old 26th Jul 2008, 19:42
waterfalls123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Irishjetdriver-

Thank you for your comments. Why do you think Ryanair is going out of their way to get United pilots? Are they "OK" with guys going to work for them a few years and then leaving?

On the Ryanair website, it says that direct entry Captains can make "up to 130,000 euros/year" and direct entry First Officers can make "up to 80,000 euros/year." Whenever I read an advertisement that includes the words "up to," red flags go up.

If a current and qualified United Captain (737-300, not NG) were to take direct entry employment at Ryanair, what kind of annual income could they expect to earn in the years that are the non-"up-to" years? How about a United First Officer current on the 737-300? What kind of deductions could be expected from that salary for Ryanair required expenses like training, uniform, or whatever else I've been reading about? Would the U.S. pilot be required to foot any other bills?

I realize I could ask the recruiter these questions when he arrives in a few weeks, but I'd like to get the opinions of others as well.

Thanks for your time.