PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas 744 Depressurisation
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2008, 19:22
fc101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Xyzzy:

Why isn't the safety briefing changed? ``In the event of a loss of cabin pressure, masks will drop from the ceiling. Pull towards you and place the elastic around your head. Fit yours first before helping other people. The plastic bag will not inflate. The plane will then descend to an altitude at which you can breath normally.''
Due to the possibility of press being on board:

"In the even of a loss of cabin pressure, masks will drop from the ceiling. Pull towards you and place the elastic around your head. Fit yours first before helping other people. The plastic bag will not inflate. The plane will then plummet uncontrollably while the pilot attempts to avoid schools for blind orphans until an altitude at which you can breath normally has been reached."

Serious questions now: if it is an o2 cylinder rupturing (seen a Diving cylinder at around 200bar rupture ... it hurt!*) for some reason then the question is what reasons...what are the conditions like around the cylinders: moisture levels (water ingress similar to Oantas' electrical incident), oil (!!!), hydraulic lines etc? I don't have any good idea about the 747 so could someone (Rainboe?) give us an idea of what can be found in the vicinity of that area.

fc101

*at a distance and it made a mess of the shed where the cylinders were being pressurised - makes me wonder now what they'd have done to my E145...