PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - World Helicopter Championships 2008
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2008, 17:11
DennisK

Location: Kings Caple, Ross-on-Wye.orPiccots End. Hertfordshire
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whc 2008

For Overdrive and other mates,

Nice picture of Gari Georkov winning the 12th World Champs 'freestyle' in the Mil2 at Rouen 2005. The event is at Eisenach near Leipzig from 13th to 17th August.

The British team are intent on winning and have put in some very dedicated practice over the last year, but the Russian competition is, as always more than tough. But we do have a winner. Caroline Gough-Cooper took the first ladies position at Rouen and I can see her doing that again.

Sunday 17th is set aside for the freestyle but does not count toward the team championships. The owners of LOOP aviation newspaper, are planning to sponsor my entry for the freestyle only. I'll either be flying a Schweizer 300C or possibly an Enstrom 28A model.

The freestyle is as it says and its for the pilot to produce a personal sequence that is good enough to get the most points awarded bythe judges and watch out for the penalities.

Scoring as follows. 12 Judges in total.

Degree of difficulty 0 to 70 points
Flying technique & skill 0 to 70 points
General impression 0 to 60 points

Penalty for flying outside the 500 metre square box or above 500 feet 20 points deducted for each violation.

Display routine to last exactly 240 seconds. 1 point penalty for every second over or under.

Flight over the audience. Disqualification.

Highest and lowest scores eliminated. The remaining scores count after any penalty deductions.

The previous days events are.

Precision flying.
Navigation
Slalom
Fender rigging.

It would be nice to see some UK pilots over there.

Best wishes,

Dennis Kenyon.