PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EZY Captain gets the boot
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2008, 10:11
rubik101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ranamin, your post served to flesh out a few elements which I perhaps glossed over. However, I did not assert or suggest that a single event should lead to sacking.
Having said that, in one case I know of, a pilot was sacked after a single Class 2 event. This was because he asserted to the Chief Pilot that his way was better and that the company SOPs were rubbish. A little humility and a less abrasive attitude would have led to a sim session and a line check and back to work in a week, but he was sacked, and rightly so.
If the event occurred because of an error and is not intentional then the normal course of action would follow as I have outlined above.
If a pilot repeatedly and regularly flags up Class 2 events then there are only so many times you can talk to him, put him in the sim to ensure he knows the SOPs or line check him to see that he follows SOPs before you have to ask yourself why him and why so often.
If the only way to stop the pilot from persistently triggering Class 2 events is firing, then so be it.
How many mavericks or cowboys do you want flying in your airline?