PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas 744 Depressurisation
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2008, 10:01
Rainboe
Warning Toxic!
Disgusted of Tunbridge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK then JerryB, after carrying out an atmospheric re-entry, a Slazenger golf driver with a large 'S' on the end zapped into the freight hold and killed a horse that was in there (according to someone else). After all, it was heading SE and things re-enter from the west! BTW, are you any older than 14?

Shall we leave it to professionals to discuss?

I am intrigued at the relatively low altitude of failure. I can't remember with a -400 when the cabin hits max differential pressure. If it was much less than 8.6psi, then the failure would seem to have occurred rather surprisingly early. It would seem to be very well handled by the crew with very stoic passengers- how nice not to hear about screaming and loud prayers! This is certainly not a very hazardous and 'lucky to be alive'/'miraculous' incident as is being painted, but nevertheless extremley competently handled all around. It is good to see how procedures and professionalism being displayed by the whole crew instills confidence in the passengers and results in a textbook ending. I suspect this incident will be examined in CRM matters.

Last edited by Rainboe; 26th Jul 2008 at 10:14.