PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 'Renegade' controllers leave pilots flying blind: air chief
Old 26th Jul 2008, 07:34
aussiegal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up CEO abuse

When a company CEO refers to his staff as

- indecent, unprofessional in an internal staff magazine interview (for choosing not to come in on their day/s off),

- renegade in a noted newspaper (for choosing not to come in on their day/s off or for being, heaven forbid sick),

- rorters for essentially concurring with a Senator in the Senate Estimate Committee who referred to ATC's as being sick leave rorters,

he is essentially displaying a blatant disregard for them, for him to suggest that a dozen people are to blame and then wonder why ATC's are reluctant to come in to work on their day off ....... no clue!!

It would be really nice, in an ideal world, if the actual story could be reported, or perhaps both sides of the story reported fairly.

If anyone gives a toss, here's my side, i have taken great exception to being referred to as renegade, indecent, unprofessional, and a rorter. All attributable to the CEO. For the past 5 years i have done between 15-20 extra shifts a year, 5 years, not 8 months, or whatever figure you want to suggest is attributable to a "campaign". Now Greg, you get my rostered shifts and that's it. It's all down to you.