PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas 744 Depressurisation
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2008, 01:24
pacplyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Patrickal said:
Local TV in Boston is now reporting that the plane "plunged 2000 feet". I'll bet that the air at 28,000 feet is a lot easier to breathe than that thin stuff at 30,000. CBS News reporter out of London says "They are not sure if was an explosion, but it certainly was a "catostrophic" event. The lack of quality control, research and proof reading in professionial journalisim is stunning. I am to the point where I believe nothing they say or print.
Patrickal,

It really does beg the question, that if journalism is this inaccurate concerning aviation matters, and that they don't even bother to ask a pilot or mechanic or atc source if it's right; that they probably are just as inaccurate when reporting government, healthcare, or food safety stories to us. WMD's? Sure they had them, I read it in the paper......

Today's big company reporting is just another short-term money-getter. Retractions are rarely seen. I'll get my no-holds-barred-news right here at PPRuNe with you other prunes thank you very much.

If crap is aired that doesn't pass the smell test, plenty of pros like the mechanics and engineers here will straighten us out.

Quite a great site for newsies to hang out at too and get their facts straight. Bursting-Ground-Pressurized-ULD's! Now that's creative!