PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: ASA Staff Shortage
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2008, 00:29
Driscoll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
undervaluedATC,

lets not forget those controllers that had to give up half their endorsements with the introduction of the wonderfully inefficient Service Delivery Environment.

Also JH in his Waypoint speech said that 15700 (1.4 per staff member per month) shifts were lost to absenteeism from a workforce of 900 yet those nine hundred only averaged 1.2 OT shifts per month equating to OT of 12960 shifts by my calculations. Surely with 2740 unfilled shifts plus another 4500 odd for the 18 positions short (total average of 19.8 a day) we would have seen even more TIBA. Unless of course someone has fudged the numbers hoping no one would look into it too closely.

My feeling is that sick leave numbers have been overstated and OT numbers understated to pin this on controllers. Even the delivery demonstrates this, sick leave in one large sum, OT divided up on a per controller per month basis. Classic spin doctoring.

It's a shame that the media either push their agenda or fall for spin. Though maybe I'm just a conspiracy theorist, after all, I'm apparently a renegade.

Last edited by Driscoll; 26th Jul 2008 at 00:30. Reason: should proof read then post