PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Will the bottom of the barrel ever be scraped for pilots in the future?
Old 25th Jul 2008, 15:13
G SXTY

Supercharged PPRuNer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do I see where this leads, absolutely but if that means that I have to pay for my own command assessment, pay for my own uniform, pay for my own car parking, pay for my food at work, loose my generous pension, etc, etc then that is life I would do and fly a B737 from the left hand seat for 50k a year if thats what it paid because I want the job more than the Ts&Cs. If you are not prepared to do the same then perhaps I just want it more than you.
VT

So to paraphrase, we all have to accept our terms and conditions being eroded because some people behind us are prepared to do anything to undercut us - because they 'want it more'? Do you really see where this leads? I can guarantee someone behind you will feel exactly the same way about undercutting you, because he really really wants the job - even more than you. A never ending downward spiral.

People reading this thread could be forgiven for thinking that the only way into an airliner is to buy a type rating and 250 hours on type. It isn't, and the vast majority of airline pilots don't have to.