PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A sticky situation!! Any ideas???
View Single Post
Old 25th Jul 2008, 13:35
Re-Heat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
At risk of sounding harsh - please don't take it that way as your motivation is clearly present - sit down and read the sticky threads at the top of the forum, as all the details are there.

Do not consider giving up the day job, embarking upon the distance learning course, and presumably getting into debt, simply based upon "I have read that the best thing to do is long distance learning", and "will then be looking at Oxford for the Waypoint course. Im sure i can get it cheaper but It is Oxford".

If you are spending a few grand on flying, you need a clearer plan and to be more informed before you embark upon what - for many people - is an expensive and fruitless exercise.

You need to visit schools first, assess what suits your lifestyle best, assess whether you have the ability through GAPAN if appropriate (though with 88 hours I am sure you are fine), and understand at a minimum the modular route, costs involved, schools available, and licence issue procedures.

PS - don't worry about spelling mistakes. You are at least asking the right questions!