PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - De rated thrust takeoffs.
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2001, 10:32
Zadil Lucas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mutt & StressFree

Thanks for the replies fellas. I never would have guessed that having the flaps set at 15 after a landing was a precaution against the infamous FOD. It makes a lot of sense now that I think of it.

As for the questions I have dancing around my head, there are a couple more. Here's a few:
What is the normal cruise speed for a 800nm trip if departing on time? I would say Mach .76 but I could be wrong. I know weight, in flight spacing and other factors apply, but what would be the ideal cruise speed? If departing late (an hour or more) what cruise speed would normally be used to make up for lost time?

Also, let's say you have a nice tailwind at your cruise alt, would you lower you cruise speed due to increased boost in ground speed? For example normal cruise speed mach.76 instead use mach.75/74. I suppose the normal thing to do would be to save the fuel and let the wind push you along.

Finally, what is the normal climb profile used when able to accelerate pass 250kts for the normal climb speed? For example 310kts/Mach .75 climb. What would the norm be for the descent?

Thanks guys in advance. I love the heavy metal and I like to learn the details and "magic" that get's tons of metal, plastic, fuel and "souls", up, up and away..

DH"

"WINDSHEAR. WINDSHEAR"