PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Douglas DC-2 Restoration
View Single Post
Old 25th Jul 2008, 06:52
The Owner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I assume the one that headed to the Oaks is s/n 1288 . Ralph Cusack exported it the the Dutch in the late 1980's

1376 is in my hangar at Bankstown and I am currently looking for volunteers to help restore her. I desperatly need sheeties but all hands are welcome. Most importantly I need a project leader as I cant spare the time and my engineering manager has to earn a living too ! I need people who can give up their weekends / or are retired and want some exciting work.

If I knew how to paste pictures into this site I would post some. Essentially she's fully dismantled , up on jacks and has had about 50% of the fuselage skins replaced so far. The main job now is to finish the fuselage and then center section , then we can start putting it back together again. Its a BIG job , everything needs to be overhauled but it can be done. Just cost big $ . Fortunatly I have a second job !!

I know of some F series engines , but will probably keep with the later G2's that I have now , de rated , with the DC3 props . Different if she was going to be static , but I am building her to fly .

Cheers