PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Suspension of flight training by flying clubs in Malaysia
Old 25th Jul 2008, 06:01
Sonic69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, the suspension only affects Flying Clubs. The academies are still going on with their training.

Yes, this is in response to the 3 accidents over the span of 3 or so months. 2 aircraft from a club in Senai. 1 from Subang.

The actual story is DCA has been threatening to conduct this audit for some time already. Could be a year. They sent out circulars for clubs to adhere to ICAO guidelines. But, they are really shorthanded and therefore did not take proactive measures to ensure this was being complied with. So, 3 accidents later, they suspend all flight training for clubs until an audit has been done. Talk about closing the barn door after the animals have fled. How long this will take is anybody's guess. TIM (This Is Malaysia). Be prepared for a loooooonnng, drawn out and painful process. I pity the students that have not done their checkrides.

I'll still be happily flying while all this is going on. More time for me to clock hours!