PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is my flying school being a little unfair?
Old 24th Jul 2008, 22:15
silverknapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Agree with most of the above Nathan.

They sound like a bad lot so walk now before they cost you even more. Also get your (brief!!) training records from them and your time thus far will count.
However you must walk away. If that is their attitude it will only get worse as you become more involved with them.
I am disappointed on 2 levels:
1.The management shouldn't be trying to profit to that extent from a chat.
2.I am disapointed in an instructor who keeps a clock running whilst talking to you.

I remember an ex instructor of mine, Mr Jones who was excellent at telling me things as they were. If the clubs owners were pressuring him to make me fly in marginal conditions he would take me aside and counsel me as to his thoughts. Lovely chap, now flying bigger things.
I agree with everying Mr Cheetah writes in these forums, everything. However if I may disagree on just one thing it is this. A lot of clubs are out to fleece you, but if you can find a good one I believe it is invaluable to your development as a PPL. You will be able to chat with many people of varying levels of ability and experience, for free!! You can go along if anyone has a spare seat, watch what is happening. Also I was fortunate enough to receive free flying for maintenance flights, some 40 hours in fact.

Most of all stick with it. Enjoy it. You have come to the right place to be kept informed.

God luck