PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Central Serous Retinopathy
View Single Post
Old 24th Jul 2008, 17:47
Badgeman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Keg:

Thanks for responding. Oh... I see, I'm responding to your thread. Got it. Thanks Moderatrix. This helps keep it all in one place. So Keg, you're getting the light therapy? I had read about this and was wondering how anyone getting the therapy had done with it. Apparently you are getting mixed results. I was all excited to hear about the treatment until I read the part where it says it will only arrest further development of the syndrome. I found the link you....well....linked a few years back. I still pass an FAA medical examiner's 1st class exam with glasses. Whereas the glasses help with what must have been a preexisting condition of simply "aging eyes", they're really ineffective for the most part against the CSR in my right eye. I could live with it the rest of my life if it didn't get any worse, but, it could always get worse. How bad was yours? I'm not sure I understand the whole 5/7 or 4/6 thing. If you held a spherical object in your out stretched hand, how big would the object have been? Softball? Prune? Soccer ball?

It's interesting you should bring up the stress-load you had when you got CSR. I too was loaded. Went back to college, flight training, working and going to the gym 5 times a week for an hour and a half all at the same time. Plus I am a total type-A personality. I had really started squatting heavy weights with my buddy and think there is a direct link to heavy legs work outs and CSR.

Last edited by Badgeman; 24th Jul 2008 at 18:01.