PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Saudi Arabian Airlines Capt. Positions
View Single Post
Old 24th Jul 2008, 16:26
ivorygc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just Applied to SVA

Mutt,

Thanks for your rapid reply.I must have screwed up when i registered with PPRUNE. I just turned 49 in May so there's still a few good years left in this old dog.

I am kinda between a rock and a hard place with this DHL/UPS fiasco. I possibly stand to reap a handsome sum if ASTAR/DHL AIRWAYS is dumped by DHL in north america.

Conventional wisdom is that we'll be gone in the first quarter of next year mabe sooner. I have no faith that DHL/DPWN will honor their promises as they have failed to do thus far. My luck is as soon as I leave they'll be buying us out to make this deal happen with UPS. Sad that it has to end this way after 23 years of building an airline from the ground up.Se la vie !

Met a couple of nice guys while I was transiting SIN awhile back and they encouraged me to apply as I had not considered SVA before they told me of the relatively easy lifestyle/long layovers/cheap living expenses.

Regardless of what happens at my current company I am leaving because I have no trust or faith in ANYTHING they say anymore.I just hope if I am hired at SVA they can give me a little leeway so I can hopefully cash in before we get dumped.

Thanks for listening.