PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Clark Institute of Aviation
View Single Post
Old 24th Jul 2008, 10:20
fernandeztv

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have been a member of pprune for a long time...but i just chose to be a lurker in this thread...though i have been a cadet at CA for quite a while now!

Lot of things have gone wrong here at CA...but i truly believe now that things are begining to move in the right direction.

Batch A is in their MCC phase now. This is where the real training (and fun) begins.
I just cannot wait for the first 8 cadets to progress soon..coz that is the only way CA can prove to the world that they really are here for the long run. I, like a lot of my fellow cadets have put in my life savings here.

In a lot of places it takes along time before one can sit on the coveted right seat of an Airbus A320. Instead of 1 year if it is going to take nearly 2 am i complaining? Yes and NO. Yes coz it has upset my financial status and i have a family to provide back at home.
NO coz whatever it is ...it is well worth the wait to become an airline pilot.

I have been following MPL from mid 2006. (i have friends in the airline industry who asked me to keep a look out for ICAO's new airline oriented pilot training idea.) I truly believe that MPL is the way forward for an airline training programme. 5J should be complimented for showing interest and now faith in the new system.

If anything bad has happened it is not a failure of MPL but failure to implement it properly by the school

I can see certain members here are very suspect about MPL when it compares to 200hr CPL + IR traditional methods of training. Every one is entitled to have his or her own opinions.

Just want to give some info abt the MPL:

What has to be understood is that MPL is not just a 70 hr single engine + A320 type rating programme!!!! There is 60 hrs of MCC (on the AlSIM 200MCC) followed by A320 ground school, followed by 48 hrs of initial SIM training on the fixed base trainer, followed by 60 hrs on the Level D full motion A320 SIM. MPL is finally awarded only on completion of 12 T/o ldgs on the real a/c. (i have not gone into the fine details of the actual training btw)

The MCC phase is being conduted in the ALSIM configured for the Citation CJ2. You just have to ask the guys how tough it already is in that phase!

Personally when i flew the ALSIM configured for the C172...i was flying all over the place Ask any of the cadets they will vouch that flying the real thing is easier than flying the ALSIM! We even had fun when one of our FIs made all of my bathmates do a single pattern with some insane crosswind. Final tally was 7 alive and 9 dead . (i barely landed safe ) It really is a challenge. During my core flying i have landed at r/w 02 omni in heavy cross winds of 100/12kts...but the ALSIM was way tougher.

Compared to a normal type rating programme, MPL has emphasis on more SIM hrs on the A320..and emphasis on TEM and emergency procedures.

At the end of the day we will be greenhorns like anyother in the industry...but i believe that with good training and guidance from the Captains, we MPL graduates can prove that the new system also works!

PS: i see a lot of images /news in this thread unrelated to CA...infact sometimes it is entertaining..sometimes annoying! Just to clarify regarding India...Not everyone is from Bombay. Infact the money lenders you see on the streets here (5/6) are not from bombay but belong to a certain tribe/caste in North India who have been doing only that for ages! They are known to o that in India as well! Everyone hates them
Personally i come from a place that has a flying time of more than 3 hrs from bombay! (all over land) well my batchmates call me something else