PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Clark Institute of Aviation
View Single Post
Old 24th Jul 2008, 09:52
Bagoongathipon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Deratedthrust,

If you were on the left seat and you had a choice of flying with a 200 or even 250 hour CPL/IR/Multiengine rated guy typerated in the A320 or with 70 hour MPL cadet with all single engine time in his/her logbook typerated as well, whom with you rather fly with?

It all boils down to the level of experience. Why? Because no airline will risk the lives of the passengers....well atleast I hope 5J does not."

MY TAKE:

200hours
of initial training and what is commonly known as "Naguubos oras/kinukumpleto nalang oras" (Dont say that no pilots who did it the traditional way has said this before.. this is their mentality, naguubos oras nalang para makuha yung requirements sa ATO, right?)

20hours of IR

Vs

50hrs of VFR (Actual flying; with every single hour has a sortie)
20hrs of IR (Actual flying; with every single hour has a lesson/sortie)
40hrs of Multicrew Coordination Phase in IMC (simulator)
30hrs of "Introduction to Jet" using level C A320 sim (IMC)
60hrs of Level D simulator (IMC)
total of 200hours of actual, guided training
total of 70hours actual flying a single engine
total of 150hours of simulator flying IMC

We can never say "nagkukumpleto nalang oras" because every hour has a different lesson/sortie, PLUS the fact that 150hours of with are IMC.

Indeed there is a lack of Actual flying.. but
my analogy is..

In an F1 racing, who would you actually choose to win?
A person who has 20years of ACTUAL experience of driving a toyota camry in an F1 circuit, then would drive an F1
--------------------------------OR------------------------
a person who has 200hours of simulated experience of driving an F1 in an F1 circuit?

Ofcourse, i admit that proof can only be seen after so many years.

My point is, dont judge something as if you have already thought about everything. Look at the positive side. It might be a better approach to aviation.

Last edited by Bagoongathipon; 24th Jul 2008 at 10:48. Reason: 9ball