PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fliers Complain About X-Rated Security Screenings
Old 24th Jul 2008, 05:05
Xeque

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You have to wonder at what goes through the minds of people who set up organisations like the TSA when you see something like this:
TSA advert
I find that positively Orwellian.

Overall, the passenger can still call the shots.

First of all use the courts and America is the place to do that. Sue the pants off the fools at every opportunity. Bring charges against the TSA operative (by name) and his/her employer (the TSA) and the Airport Authority for allowing it to happen in the first place. You have plenty of grounds - physical attack, sexual harassment, sexual abuse, ritual humiliation, intimidation, bullying, degradation, loss/theft of property - this list is long.

You could also force the airlines to intervene. It only needs one passenger to check in with hold baggage and who then refuses to submit to excessive 'security' searches. Just say, "OK. Thanks but no thanks. If you (TSA) insist on belittling me then I won't travel". That will delay the flight departure while the hold baggage is recovered. Magnify that across several flights and several airlines at a busy airport and you will soon make airline and airport management sit up and take notice particularly now when the airlines are already fighting extra hard for market share as passenger numbers decrease due to rising costs.

Then sue the TSA for the refund of your air fare.

Last edited by Xeque; 24th Jul 2008 at 05:21.