PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Made to go through the AMD with a pacemaker
Old 23rd Jul 2008, 21:46
dollydaydream

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This must be getting rather boring to others now but I must ask ...
.............what exactly is it that you find so reprehensible about my attitude?

I have given my opinion based on the facts that have been posted ....

i.e. that a 79 year old gentleman, forgetful and prone to confusion appears to have been travelling alone and become ill after seemingly passing through the metal detector causing his pacemaker to malfunction.

Now, in my opinion he is either mentally fit enough to travel unaided and comprehend the contra-indications of the AMD as regards his, presumably, on demand pacemaker and therefore perfectly able to inform security that he is NOT able to pass through and if necessary, would like to speak to a supervisor - there are always plenty about.
The alternative appears to be that he shouldn't be travelling alone. We are informed that he was 'made' to go through, how do we know? We are informed he is forgetful and confused, maybe he forgot he had a pacemaker, maybe he forgot he should steer clear....we may never know!

But, final 3 greens, I agree we should help our fellow man, offer the elderly assistance, intervene when trouble starts but maybe some people are afraid to do that for fear of ending up as a tabloid headline or in court!

I know what I would have done in that situation and my conscience is perfectly clear regardless of how you wish to insult me.