PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jul 2008, 21:43
Troglodita

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thridle Op Des

sadly JC was only a lowly Ops Sup (predecessor of the well turned out situationally unaware contract pilot mentioned previously)
TOD,

My favourite memory of JC was a night in several bars in Redhill when your Dad was fuming about an ex Crab who had been hired by George Puddy! He was so mad that his Scottish upbringing was forgotten and he actually bought Tony Coleman and I several rounds of drinks (probably claimed on expenses later!)

This pucker ex Crab chap had managed to lose his licence because of strobe effect of rotor blades merely months after being hired.

This was at the time of introduction of the famous Aerospat Tiger and JC plus several others needed to fly PDQ to Marignane for consultations.

Bristow had no fixed wing available so a private charter was sought.
A brand new turbo twin arrived at Redhill and when the 4 pax were met by the Pilot, they were shocked and stunned to see ex Crab hired by George lower the airstair!

We thought you had lost your licence they cried!

Only me fixed wing one he answered!

Who do you work for now? - they enquired.

Me - I bought this ship with my loss of licence payout from Bristow!

Silence and much grinding of teeth to and from Marignane!

BTW - we now use the CAE Emirates Sim in Dubai so p.m. me if you are prepared to slum it with mere Helo mortals! We Stay at the Dhow Palace.

Trog