PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fliers Complain About X-Rated Security Screenings
Old 23rd Jul 2008, 20:20
Sunfish

Received 90 Likes on 33 Posts
Fliers Complain About X-Rated Security Screenings

Please allow me to express my utter contempt for the TSA and airport security screeners.

cbs2chicago.com - Fliers Complain About X-Rated Security Screenings

Fliers Complain About X-Rated Security Screenings

TSA Agents Forced Woman To Remove Nipple Rings, Pulled Pants Off Disabled Man

Reporting
Pam Zekman

When travelers go to the airport, they know what kind of security to expect: luggage searches, metal detectors and shoe inspections.

For arguing with a TSA agent, Robin Kassner wound up being slammed to the floor. She's filed a lawsuit.

And it wasn't enough for another woman to show TSA agents nipple rings that set off a metal detector. The agents forced her to take them out.

Perry was also taken to a see-through room by a TSA agent when his artificial knee set off the metal detector.

"He yelled at me to get the belt off. 'I told you to get the belt off.' So I took the belt off. He ran his hands down over and pulled the pants down, they went down around my ankle," Perry said.

At that point, Perry was standing in his underwear in public view. He asked to see a supervisor. That made things worse.

"She was yelling 'I have power, I have power, I have power," Perry said.

She said she always warns TSA security agents that her prosthetic leg will set off the metal detector, but many insist on doing an embarrassing full body pat-down.