PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EZY Captain gets the boot
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jul 2008, 19:12
Ashling

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SR71

For that to be true BALPA would have to be complicit in things as they have to give permission before the specifics of any violation can be released to the company. The exception being if an ASR is filed for said incident.

I have gone through 500' at bug plus 15 before due to environmental factors with the throttles close to the idle gate and never had so much as a phone call which to me suggests some degree of common sense applies. Of course prior to that the approach had been sensably managed and was not rushed. I am also aware of several other significant incidents which could have led to an individuals demotion or sacking when common sense was applied.

If this chap has been the victim of some sort of vendetta by senior managers (which I personaly find hard to believe) then he will have grounds for constructive dismissal in which case the Flidras data and the handling of previous incidents would work in his favour and I'm sure BALPA would take his case up as they would have been fully aware of the proceedings.

For my money one of two things has happened here

1 The incident was so serious the company had no real choice.

2 The Captain was asked to attend a debrief of the incident and selected the wrong attitude in the debrief which then led to concern over the way he would operate in the future and therefore dismissal.