PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EZY Captain gets the boot
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jul 2008, 15:56
Pugilistic Animus

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I'd hate to see what happen if someone afraid of being sacked--becomes really destabilized in speed due to attempting to have untenable 'criteria' , requires a go around---- but is afraid to execute it and crashes

Your aim with a large aircraft is to ALWAYS be trimmed and stabilized---during all phases of flight--furthermore---the most important aspecdts of being 'stable' seems lost in certain SOPS

you should be able to:

Arrive over the threshold at Vref [in most case] at the correct height---in such a manner as to assure a touchdown in the TDZ---

and maintain a thrust setting that allows full thrust to be available before contacting the ground--- i.e a missed approach or landing climb---i.e spooled up in time to avoid a crash!!!

---AND---

if it is gusty or you're on a NPA then you can't always ride on rails to the TDZ

----------------AND IF-------------

following SOPS and arriving consistently too fast or too high to maintain some artificial concept of 'stable' as that's NOT stable--then the SOPS are wrong and the problem needs addressing and if just addressing it puts your job in jeopardy then find a new company---

CP: Why did you choose to continue so high and fast while the RWY was contaminated?

You: because we were stable according to the SOPS you wrote mister CP sir---I swear

YOU: Sacked!!!

I'm a crazy maverick though