PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aviation Technology With Pilot Studies
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jul 2008, 15:02
SW1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi,

Just ,my two cents about this matter. I have just graduated form the Leeds course, aviation technology with Pilot studies.

Firstly I a both a student member of IMECHE and RAES, which means that I think it must be accredited in some way as i had to get my application stamped from my school in Leeds.

Secondly, we did study some rubbish that mirrored the ATPLs but we would then sit in thermodynamics, measurement and control, mathematics for process engineers and fluid mechanics lectures with chemical engineers and mining engineers- all doing BEng degrees. We had aerodynamics and computational fluid mechanics by ourselves as this was more relevent to our chosen field.

To call it a mickey mouse degree is slightly harsh dont you think? Either way I would have much rather spent 3 years at Leeds any day over the ghetto that is Salford, I live in south London by the way, and we got our fair share of those.

Ive just started my ATPLs distance learning at london Met, 23rd June, and am sitting my exams on the 4th August. Theres absolutley no way that I could be ready for these exams, Aircraft general, performance and P of F without the invaluable knowledge gained from the 3 year degree I just did. Im working full time as well at the moment so it can be done.

All i can say s dont knock it before youve tried it- go for an open day and check it out, if it feels like a mickey mouse degree then dont do it. oh and i got my PPl with the at the cost of £3300. Bargain eh.

Cheers.