PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ramp Checked!
Thread: Ramp Checked!
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jul 2008, 02:42
LUCKY-1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re-Ramped

Just a follow-up to my original thread.

Well, I got 're-ramped' yesterday...this time i got the 'bad cop' treatment.

Polar opposite from the first experience i had which caused me to start this thread in the first place.

The guy was pretty much openly hostile towards me, (even though he found nothing amiss), was provocative and seemed to be doing his best to intimidate...i could hardly believe these FOI's, (friendly versus hostile) were working for the same organisation...is this a deliberate ploy?

If i'd had any concerns i certainly wouldn't have felt like saying a thing to this guy, and isn't that part of visiting more remote regions where we rarely see them?

He noticed i'm not australian born and even enquired as to whether i had visa's to work over here! A bit outside his remit, but a good 'collar' for him i guess, he was out for anything he could get i think!

It's kind of a shame, that first ramping was an ok experience for me, and my first with CASA, but you always tend to remember when you've had a bad one, and this last one has left a bad taste in my mouth.

Maybe he (the FOI) was having a bad day, like we all do from time to time, but i'm, at the very least polite to my customers, bad day or not. Thats just part of being a professional.

Thoughts, particularly from any FOI's, would be interesting.