PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Raised Blood Pressure
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2008, 23:25
AMEandPPL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face try a different approach . . . . . .

The moral of this story is that if an AME tells you that you have a problem, try another AME!
In recent weeks I've tried my level best to stay well away from this forum, but I really cannot let that one go unchallenged !

The REAL moral of your story is that if you find someone (ie an AME) with whom you can relate, get on well, interact, feel trust, etc, etc . . . . then by all means stick with him or her. All doctor-patient relationships should, at the VERY least, be relaxed and comfortable. As time goes by and trust builds up many become much closer ( no, stop sniggering ; I don't mean like that ! ) . I have known a few of my regular guys for over twenty-two years now.

The bottom line is : changing AME just because he appears to have found a problem, just COULD be the start of the slippery slope downwards towards your eventual stroke ( in the case of BP, anyway).

Relationships with AME's are like flying :- best cultivated carefully, continuity maintained wherever possible, and unnecessary changes avoided like the plague ! !

Happy Landings !