PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying in Canada
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2008, 21:38
NorthSouth

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
I flew with these guys Island Air Flight School & Charters who were based really close to down town Toronto (was a 20min ride from downtown Sheraton to airfield)
Yes, great airport, great flying. But my experience last year (having already flown in Canada before) was less than good. So if you're going to Island Air:
1) make doubly sure that they understand that if you turn up with a TC validation and all your valid UK documents, you do not need any other paperwork such as a Canadian medical
2) make sure you speak to someone who knows what they're talking about, not one of the spotty 18 year olds on the desk whose only interest is their own progress towards their first airline job
3) when you've jumped through their endless changing goalposts and you've finally been allowed to book an aircraft to take away solo, make doubly sure that the aircraft you've been allocated is (a) insured to go to wherever you're going and (b) isn't allocated to go into maintenance that day.
I wasted many hours and several hundred quid with these people. Such a shame, cos it's a great place and the flying is great fun.
NS