PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Farnborough Ripoff?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2008, 15:58
LysanderV8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My wife and I went on Friday. Parked in car park I and the shuttle bus to Gate F was right by the car. Very impressed with that. Entry at Gate F through security was not too difficult, and the staff were pretty good-natured as far as I could see.

The flying display was OK. The Vulcan was worth the money on its own - that wonderful roar. By comparison, one could hardly hear the A380 except when it landed and used reverse thrust. Impressed with the A380 doing a fly by at 92kts, only just above my usual approach speed in my spamcan. The reds were gave their usual professional performance, despite a low cloudbase, but I think the Blades are actually more impressive. Maybe I have got a bit jaundiced about the Reds after seeing them so many times.

We had seats in the grandstand which was well worth the money, as it was sited at display centre.

Getting out on Friday after the display ended was not diificult, having used the shuttle bus once again.

All in all, a good show and good value to boot.

My only disappointment was the tech problem on the DC-6 that prevented it flying. Oh yes, I echo the previous comments about the Bone. Very boring indeed.

I'll certainly go back in 2010.

Lysander