PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Adelaide Australian EC145...?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2008, 11:51
ChopperFAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Adelaide Australian EC145...?

Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone knows if Australian Helicopters has a EC145 thats currently buzzing around the Adelaide sky. The only info i can find is one was purchased by Australian helicopters to be used in NSW but airliners net. photos show it in a plain white scheme when it arrived

I heard a odd sounding helo earlier in the day but couldnt get outside, when i heard it return i ran outside to only just get it flying overhead, looked like a BK117 but had the large bulge on the nose and seemed a tad longer, it sounded so quiet... Was it a EC145? Ive never seen one before so i hope it was, the bird had the Australian Helicopters blue stripes down the rear end?

Anyone know if its here supporting the three rescue helicopters operated by Australian Helicopters? Usually the flight to Flinders Medical Center is flown by either the BK117 or B412 they operate, i think that was what it was doing

If it can be confirmed ill try to get to the airport to get some snaps of it before it leaves. We are fortunate to be getting some sweet new helicopters down south lately EC130, A119, And i hope a EC145

Thanks Simon