PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPL Airlaw?!?!?!?!
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2008, 11:44
JOE-FBS

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Passed my air law a few weeks ago, first go, 95%. First exam I have done for twenty years, almost to the day, although before that my life for ten years consisted of little else. I still occasionally wake-up in the morning panicing that I'm not ready for my university finals!

Don't know whether this will help anyone else but this was my method for Air Law:

- Buy the AFE book, 2007 edition (unless a 2008 one comes out!). I bought another book from a different publisher as well as the AFE one and the other one was out-of-date.

- Read it as many times as you can stand, in chunks small enough that you don't doze off. Mark-up the key facts and also cross-refer the airspace and VMC minima diagrams and text.

- Do all the practice questions in the book. They are nothing like the exam but make you think and hence really learn.

- When you have mastered the above steps, buy the exam secrets book. Do the questions and study the answer explanations until you have them clear. Do not do this stage first as it will teach you enough to pass the exam but nowhere near enough to be safe let alone legal.

Good luck

Joe