PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet Speedy Boarding Scam
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2008, 10:47
Seat62K

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BurglarsDog,
Some interesting comments on allocated seating. This is something I feel strongly about and readers might have noticed the thread I started precisely on this topic. From an IT point of view, choosing a seat as part of the OLCI process ought to be straightforward (after all, other airlines manage it). From comments posted on this Website and elsewhere I suspect that allocated seating might be popular and could generate revenue. Many passengers seem to hate the stress caused by "free-for-all"/"every man for himself" boarding.
It seems to me that part of the problem of the boarding chaos which I've all-too-often experienced on easyJet is that the company has too many boarding categories. Now take Ryanair, just two, priority and everyone else. This allows it to create two queues which, generally, works well in my view, providing the signs are in place. No crowding around the gate making staff's lives difficult or creating an unpleasant experience for passengers having to push their way through. I seem to remember when flying AMS-STN a couple of years ago easyJet had a similar system in place. The layout of the gate area there allowed this but I can think of lots of gates at numerous airports where four queues (Speedy Boarders, those needing assistance, A, B) would not be possible.