PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EZY Captain gets the boot
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2008, 10:20
williewalsh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Albert,

This is not meant to be a dig just an observation.

I'll wager you are not very experienced and by that I mean 1000 to 3000 hrs. Probably an ex cadet, probably about to get command or just got one.This margin of hrs is proven to be one of the danger zones for ego exceeding ability. I hope you are because if not you express some bizzare interpretations of your mandate for an experienced pilot.

Older wiser owls than you have been thru all this before and someday when you will start to realise that the hundreds of people in the back have a right to expect you to perform to the safest standards as determined by your qualifications and company proceedures not your version of events. They dont get on an aircraft for you to ad lib or decide when it is time for a bit of ego salving by rewriting policy. If you want to change proceedure send an email to your fleet manager and include your wisdom and back it up with some data and facts that will outweigh the collective knowledge of the rest of your management team.

You want creative flying go to the bush, you'll love it, all the room in the world to express yourself.