PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Clark Institute of Aviation
View Single Post
Old 21st Jul 2008, 17:14
DeratedThrust

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Point well taken sir. Yes multi experience counts a lot. I know because I too came from that same old road. But just like everything that happens in aviation, you'll never know exactly whats coming until you see it. SOME people do have what it takes, you see it the moment they sit in the flight deck and see how thorough they can be. I've been flying for almost 17 years. Maybe not much to more senior guys, but I've had my share of experiences. I'm one of the believers of the old system. MPL is a mystery to me, but I'm not doubtful. I'm just being optimistic they (70+ hour Single time graduates) will do just fine down the line. If the chief pilot says these MPLers are 'okay' to sit on the right, then let the line Captains see how they do. These cadets at CA for the 320 are (attitude wise) on the right track. So, no matter how 'irregular' the situation is there at CA, just keep moving forward cadets! Show 'em what you've got!

You mentioned; "..we won't even go as far as upgrading....IOE is a hurdle in itself." Either way, my fellow airman, let's just give them the benefit of the doubt. Very Risky? Yes, I agree. But what isn't in aviation? If 5J realizes later on that these CA scholars can't really hack it, then so be it. That will be the boss' decision.

Cheers!